Banana, raspberry and nut muffins
Makes 12 muffins, preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking time 20 minutes
225g self-raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
75g light brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, peeled and finely chopped
150g pack raspberries
50g chopped almonds
300ml natural yoghurt
4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 200C or 180C if a fan oven. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir in the chopped banana, raspberries and half the chopped almonds.
3. In another bowl mix together the yoghurt, peanut butter and egg until the mixture is smooth.
4. As quick as you can pour the yoghurt mixture into the flour mixture and gently mix everything together.
5. Divide the mixture into the muffin cases and sprinkle with the remaining chopped almonds.
6. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack and serve warm or cold.