Cashew Chilli and Lime-crusted Fish with homemade chips
Serves 4, Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking time 40 minutes
3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of garlic paste
4 skinless white fish fillets (we used cod but you can use any white fish)
5 tablespoons of lime juice
7-8 large white potatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
100g cashew nuts
4 red chillies
6 fat garlic cloves, peeled
a thumb tip size of fresh root ginger, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Heat the oven to 200 C or 180 C for a fan oven
2. Rub 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons of lime juice and the garlic paste over the fish and leave to marinade for 20-30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile chop the potatoes into long strips and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and put in the oven for approximately 40 minutes until golden brown all over. You might want to turn the potatoes half way through cooking.
4. Whizz together the cashew nuts, red chillies, garlic cloves, ginger, cumin powder and the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and lime juice in a food processor until you get a rough paste. Press a quarter of the paste onto the top of each of the fish fillets and place on a baking tray.
5. Roast the fish for 12-15 minutes in the oven or until cooked through. Serve with the chips for a traditional fish and chip supper with a twist!