- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 4 large (2 cups) shallots, thinly sliced
- 10 ounce(s) fresh goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounce(s) Greek feta cheese, at room temperature
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 Piquillo pepper, for garnish
- 6 (6 inches each) painted twigs, for spider legs
- Crackers, flat breads, and bread sticks, for serving
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Scrape the shallots into a food processor and let cool. Add the goat cheese, cream cheese, and feta, and puree until smooth. Scrape the cheese into a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Shape one third of the cheese mixture into a ball and roll in black sesame seeds to coat; shape the remaining two-thirds into a larger ball and coat with black sesame seeds. On a serving board, press the balls together to form the head and body of a spider. Cut the piquillo pepper into 2 small triangles and place them on the body in an hourglass shape. Serve with crackers, flat breads, or bread sticks.
Some of the content provided in this article has been sourced from http://www.delish.com