Serves 4 people, preparation time 20 minutes, cooking time 15 minutes
1 small carrot, trimmed and shredded
1 spring onion, shredded
Half a cucumber, shredded
Handful of mangetout, halved lengthways
Handful each of mint and coriander
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
3 shallots, thinly sliced
4 skinless chicken breasts
2 little gem lettuces
Limes to serve
2 red chillis, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1.5 tablespoons of soft brown sugar
3 tablespoons of lime juice
1.5 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1. Toss the carrot, spring onion, cucumber and mangetout in a bowl with the mint and coriander leaves.
2. Gently fry the shallots in a little of the oil until golden and then set aside.
3. Slice the chicken into strips and fry or griddle for 5-6 minutes until cooked.
4. Mix all the dressing ingredients together and toss the vegetables in half of the dressing.
5. Separate the little gem lettuce leaves and place a few on each plate, top with the vegetable mixture and the chicken. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing, sprinkle on the shallots and serve with the lime halves.