CARSINGTON WATER a popular visitor attraction http://www.peakdistrictinformation.com/visits/carsington.php
Carsington Water is a popular visitor attraction since the reservoir was opened by the Queen in May 1992. It is home to water sports and leisure in the Derbyshire Peak District. Located next door!! to one of our holiday sites Knockerdown Farm just off the B5035 Ashbourne to Cromford road.
Carsington Water boasts the following:-
· Fly Fishing
· Bird and Wildlife Watching
· Walking and Cycling
· Bridleways for Horse Riding
· Sailing, Kayaking and Windsurfing
· Adventure Playground for children
· Restaurant, Cafe and Shops
· Picnic Areas & BBQ stands
What to do:-
· 8 mile perimeter route around the reservoir for walking, cycling or horse riding, make sure you stop off half way round to visit The Miners Arms a traditional pub in Carsington village. The pub offers varieties of delicious meals that are home cooked and are all freshly prepared on the premises with the finest ingredients. Children and pets welcome.
· Try water sports “taster sessions” to sample the delights of the reservoir
· Visit the shops for gifts, clothing, books, toys, souvenirs and ceramics
· Children’s learning activities