Serves 4, Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time 30 minutes
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
A bunch of spring onions
A bunch of coriander, stalks chopped and leaves picked
400g pork tenderloin, sliced
4 tablespoons thai red curry paste
4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
400ml can light coconut milk
175g pack of baby corn
juice of 1 lime
rice to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the spring onions and coriander stalks and cook for a minute.
2. Add the pork and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
3. Stir in the curry paste and peanut butter. After 30 seconds add the sugar, soy sauce and coconut milk. Stir and cover with a lid, simmer for 15 minutes. If the curry starts to go a little dry just add a splash of water.
4. Remove the lid and add the baby corn. Increase the heat and bubble for 3-4 minutes until the corn is cooked, the sauce should also have thickened slightly.
5. Stir in the lime juice, coriander leaves and add seasoning as necessary. Serve with rice.
6. If freezing, put in individual containers and ensure that the curry is thoroughly defrosted before reheating. Heat in the microwave or on the hob ensuring the curry is hot all the way through before serving.