Honey Mustard Salmon with Lentils
Serves 2, Preparation time 5 minutes, Cooking time 10 minutes
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon clear honey
2 skinless salmon fillets
2 teaspoons olive oil
5 spring onions, slices
175g cooked beetroot
120g puy lentils
salad leaves to serve
1. Heat the grill to high and line a baking tray with foil.
2. Put the lentils into a saucepan and cover with boiling water for 15 minutes. If they absorb the water add a little more so they do not dry out.
2. Mix together the lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard and honey and pour most of it over the salmon, reserving a little for later.
3. Grill the salmon for 5-7 minutes until it is cooked and flakes away easily.
4. Meanwhile heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the spring onions and beetroot for 2-3 minutes.
5. Once the lentils are cooked drain them off and add them to the wok with the beetroot and spring onions and mix everything together. Tip the mixture into a bowl with the salad leaves and add the last of the dressing from earlier.
6. Serve the salad with the salmon on top.